Simple Black Bean Burger
- 2 cups of cooked black beans
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup of finely diced red peppers
- 1 large egg
- Salt, freshly ground mixed peppercorn, smokey paprika, garlic powder and onion powder to taste
- Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- 2 rolls, I prefer wheat buns or gluten free buns
- Mixed Salad, for toppings
- Sliced tomatoes, for some added fun
- Sliced Avocados to give it a zing
- Your condiments of choice - Mustard, Mayo or Ketchup
Let’s Get Started:
Mix together the cooked beans or can beans drained and mashed with breadcrumbs, onions, red peppers, eggs, seasoning in a medium bowl. Form the mixture into 2 big balls or patties for a serving of two.
Preheat a pan over medium to high heat. Add oil for cooking.
Cook the bean burger 5 minutes per side.
Now it’s Ready to Serve:
Add your topping with your bun and you are ready to eat this delicious healthy burger.
Oh... BTW you can use this same recipe with ground turkey or beef.