Sonoma Rack of Lamb - Grilled Artichoke, Lentils, and Black Truffle Sauce
What to Buy:
- 2 Rack of Lamb
- Dijon Mustard
- Bread Crumbs
- Chicken Stock
- Grapeseed Oil
- Olive Oil
- Black Truffle Butter or Black Truffle Oil
- Black Pepper or Mixed Pepper (Black-White-Green-Red)
- Sea Salt or Truffle Salt
- Lemon Juice
- Cup of Bread Crumbs
- Tablespoons of Black Truffle Oil or Butter
- Melt butter or just add oil to the 1 cup of Bread Crumbs and combine.
- Set aside
Pre-heat Over to 500 Degrees
- 1/4 of Mixed Pepper or Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Truffle Salt or to taste
- 1 Minced whole Garlic Cloves
- 5 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup of Olive Oil or Grapeseed Oil
- 1/3 cup of Mayonnaise
Combine Mustard, Mayonnaise, Garlic, Salt, Cracked Pepper, Thyme, Oil, and Lemon Juice.
- Then in a hot sauce pan, add olive oil and a knob of butter. Place 2 racks of lamb in the pan and cook for 45 seconds on each side to toast, remove lamb, and roll in black truffle crust.
- Place lamb on a 1/4 sheet tray and put in oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove Lamb and let rest.
- When lamb is rested slice into three pieces.
In a warm sauce pot, use 1/4 cup of brown or green lentils, season with salt, onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, and pepper. To Taste. Add a 1 cup of chicken broth. Cook until tender 20-30 minutes.
Add chopped scallions for garnish.
Heat a grill pan and Toss Artichokes with a bit of olive oil. Add to Grill plate and grill to show grill marks.
Now it’s Ready to Serve:
Spoon Lentils onto center of the plate. Place a dollop of the truffle puree on the slightly off center. Place three lamb chops on the top of the lentils, garnish with three artichoke hearts, spoon some of the sauce from the lamb. And Wha -La! You did it.